Research collaboration and partnerships provide opportunities for information exchange, cooperative investigation, sharing of expertise, and networking for those involved in carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS). PNNL is engaged in a number of national and international collaborations on CCUS research with universities, industry and other U.S. national laboratories. Most of this research involves active and close collaboration with Battelle. PNNL is managed by Ohio-based Battelle for the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Big Sky Carbon Sequestration Partnership (Wallula, Wash.)
- FutureGen 2.0 Project (Morgan County, Ill.)
- Global Energy Technology Strategy Program (GTSP)
- Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership
- Mountaineer Power Plant (New Haven, W.Va.)
- National Risk Assessment Partnership (NRAP)
- Zero Emissions Research and Technology (ZERT)